Thursday, October 13, 2011

Captivating ART...

 Recently I was asked in my English 114

class to find a Cultural Prodution produced

by a filipino; they could be amatuer or not; it

was said that my finding could be either

visual, textual, just anything produced by a

filipino. So immediately artwork that was

made by a filipino because if know me it would be natural for me to

choose something like this because I'm also an artists but I'm not sure

what category my arts falls in just yet. Soo BOOOMMM my web

search started and I found an interesting artist named Nemo Aguile from Manila. He is well known for his

bizarre yet captivating art work. Through his work he manages to tell a story going back to his roots yet is

acculturated by characters that he grew up with as a child. With these characters he transforms/deforms,

exaggerating their facial expressions and or just the overall character. Basically his art gives him his own

identity instead using the commonly known filipino flag. He likes to think that his art bridges time lines in his

life of innocence and the realization that he grew older, more so its on the humor and lighter side of life. I read

more on and found that his art was described as being urban in better terms was seen as contempory self

expression that thrives in a new direaction of art. As I said earlier Aguile uses his art to give him his own

identity, I do so too use my art to give me my own identity as a self expression of the society surrounded by

me. I use my art as an extension of my voice, a way of expressing feelings that cannot be explained through

words but by sight and what sense of feeling you retain from the visual. I do most of the time try to take my

art to the next level but this artist is on a whole anoter level that I found is an inspiration and would most

definitly follow his art up. Maybe I can learn a thing or two.  
    your Bayan Buddy,
                        Patricia 8D  
             p.s. the drawing to the left is something I drew a while back
                          Hope you guys like it   ^_^

2 comments:

  1. i love your art!!!!!! :D i love all the visuals you used in your blog. good job. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i support Renata, Seriously Paty you have a cool talent. and just like the dude you wrote about above i believe you can do it to. if you ask me you have a good imagination and the great part is that your detailed and clean about your art. makes me even think about maybe having you help me design me next tatt. whatever you do don't ever stop. i don't know anyone else that draws like you. unless it on photo-shop or what not.. your is from scratch and that's whats up!!!

    ReplyDelete